Flight information on Cuba travel affected by Hurricane Irma
We’re closely monitoring Hurricane Irma and will update this page and our social media feeds as more information becomes available to us.
Are you traveling to Cuba? If so, here is some information pertaining to travel to Cuba affected by Hurricane Irma.
What will happen if my flight is cancelled?
You may be able request to rebook or refund your flight. Refer to your airline’s policies.
Do we have to pay a penalty if we rebook or refund the ticket?
If it is due to extreme weather conditions, normally there is no penalty if you rebook within the airline’s eligibility dates
If my trip is cancelled can I request a refund on my visa? Can I use my visa for future travel?
Yes, you will receive a full refund as long as you return the visa in its original condition (not filled out or damaged). Yes, you can keep your visa to use it for future trips.
I purchased my visa through Southwest but will be traveling on a future date, can I still use my visa?
If you changed your flight with Southwest, you can still use the visa you originally acquired. However, you need to call us at 800-963-2822 or email us at [email protected] to let us know of your flight change. This is to ensure your visa will be ready at will call on the day of your new departure.
How long do we have to rebook the flight?
- American Airlines – by 9/15/17
- Delta Airlines – by 9/30/17
- United Airlines – by 9/30/17
- Southwest – 14 days from original date of travel
- Alaska Airlines – by 9/12/17
- JetBlue – by 9/19/17
How long will it take to get a refund for my flight?
It depends on the carrier’s refund policy. Normally within two weeks.
For further Information please contact your current airline carrier for options.
- From within the US: 800-433-7300
- From within Cuba: 0800-22737
- Official travel alert announcement
- From within the US: 800-252-7522
- From within Cuba: 001-800-252-7522
- Official travel alert announcement https://www.alaskaair.com/content/advisories/travel-advisories.aspx
- From within the US: 800-221-1212
- Official travel alert announcement http://news.delta.com/update-delta-adds-2000-more-seats-preparation-irma
- From within the US: 800-538-2583
- From within Cuba: 0800-52583
- Official travel alert announcement http://blog.jetblue.com/hurricane-irma/?intcmp=?intcmp=H1_WeatherAlert_09062017
- From within the US: 800-435-9792
- From within Cuba: Twitter @SouthwestAir or Facebook page
- Official travel alert announcement https://www.southwest.com/html/advisories/swa_travel_advisory_2017841504542489393.html
- From within the US: 800-864-8331
- Reservations number for Cuba is 011-53-7838-2881
- Official travel alert announcement https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/travel/news/Pages/travelnotices.aspx
If you booked additional travel arrangements through Cuba Travel Services, and your travel plans have been affected by Hurricane Irma, contact us at 800-963-2822 or at [email protected] for more information.
Information for travelers currently in Cuba:
If you would like to rebook your flight, contact your airline for options.
To book a hotel for additional nights, please contact us at 800-963-2822 or at [email protected] . Our call center hours are from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm EST.