Description: Just a few hours driving from Havana, Viñales Valley is a unique landscape dotted with gigantic “mogotes” (karst formations) surrounding a lovely valley with rich, red earth and majestic palm trees. This is one of Cuba’s most fertile areas and where some of the world’s best tobacco is grown, harvested, dried and processed.
• Visit the Francisco Donatien Cigar factory (CLOSED ON WEEKENDS, Holidays and twice a year for a longer period of time- when closed, this activity will be replaced by a visit to Despalillo- the Stripping house, where tobacco leaves are processed before sending them to the factory)
• Visit Benito’s Tobacco Farm
• Meet and interact with local people
• Lunch at an organic farm
08:00 am – Meet with your local Cuban guide and bus driver. Depart for Viñales
10:30 am – Visit the Francisco Donatien Cigar factory in Pinar del Rio. Walk inside the factory to learn about the process of hand rolling the famous Habanos Cigars. Take a tour around the different departments in the factory, so that you can have the chance to interact with the workers.
11:30 am – Stop at the viewpoint Los Jazmines Hotel. Time to see the famous “mogotes” and the Viñales Valley
12:00 pm – Tour of the area including Benito Tobacco Farm. Interact with Benito (a famous tobacco grower in the area) and his Family
01:00 pm – Visit a local organic farm Finca Paraiso and enjoy a traditional country lunch overlooking the Viñales Valle del Silence
02:00 pm – After lunch, interact with locals in Viñales quaint center, with its colorful homes and friendly people. Visit to the Mural de la Prehistoria. Time to explore the area.
03:00 pm – Return to Havana
06:00 pm – Arrive to the Hotel
• Cigar factory is closed on weekends
• Activities are subject to change without notice and may be substituted if not available.
1 – $417.00/Person
2 – $224.00/Person
3 – $249.00/Person
4 – $195.00/Person
5 – $161.00/Person
6 – $140.00/Person
7 – $125.00/Person